Ipswich | The Salvation Army

The Salvation Army have a long-standing presence in the Ipswich community with their Citadel on South Street opening in 1922. 101 years later, we are proud to work alongside the Ipswich Corps on the redevelopment of their facilities which shall include new administration and community support facilities, meeting and activity spaces, and new commercial space for complementing community providers. The master plan of the precinct is anchored by the retention, and restoration, of the heritage Citadel and Birramyani House (an existing workers cottage on Ellenborough Street), with the existing on grade car park being transformed into a community pocket park, offering a welcoming and friendly sense of arrival.